YouTube

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014 In Review

Today marks the first year since I restarted on blogger. And what a year it's been! My son turned 2, my wife finally got away from the old Yearbook/Journalism classes. We moved in to a new house and I got a proper man cave. I started doing commissions for Warhammer and other games, and I started playing World of Warcraft again...

THE MOVENNING
Over the summer we moved into a new place across town, it's a small town, but the description is still accurate. The cave is an ongoing process, much like the commission work. I don't know that it'll ever be a "finished space". But, it's a handy place to hang my tools and paint some minis.

For more on the move you can see this post, Movin' On Up.

The move led to so much more room (for activities) and it was stressful in ways I never imagined, but I'm glad we did it. Then, things went sideways all over again around my birthday when Blizzard decided to make a good game again...

WTF? BLIZZARD, SERIOUSLY!
Every time I think I'm out man, really. Probably the most surprising turn around all year was my renewed interest in Blizzard games. If I'm entirely honest, it was Hearthstone that was my gateway drug back to Blizzard. I was, and still am thoroughly impressed with what they've accomplished with an ultimately pretty simple game. Then I heard Diablo III had been updated to a state that made me want to give it a second look, and dammit Blizzard. Keep doing things this good and I'll be playing World of Warcraft again...

Then Warlords of Draenor was released, and this happened...

That escalated quickly...

In all seriousness though, I am having fun in World of Warcraft. And though I'm sure there are probably a few people that I used to play with back in the day who are collectively scratching their heads at the whole thing, yeah I'm running entirely solo. I'm in my own guild of 1. Well, that's not exactly true, I let my alts in. But hey, I've got to... they're my alts. And I'm not raiding, I've moved to a completely different server where I'm free to have fun, my way. However, you're welcome to get in touch if you like. I'm on Blackhand, though you can always add me on Battle.net (US) as Khaas#1502.

You can read more about my return to Blizzard in the following two part update, the Returnenning.

With that out of the way, I'd like to take a moment to talk about the family...


Moments after he discovered lying...
MY WIFE & MY SON
We've been married for nine and a half years now, our son just turned two in October. He's already over half her height. I'm fortunate here, in that I get to stay home with our son. For a lot of families, that's just not an option. For a lot of dad's, that's completely out of the question. But I'm lucky enough to get the opportunity, that's something I try really hard not to take for granted. It would be absolutely impossible to do that without the support and hard work of my wife.

My son on the other hand, precocious is a good word for it. He's two years old, so obviously communication is limited to sometimes screaming and a few small words, but generally I try to talk to him like an adult. Because I'm a masochist apparently. It seems like every other day he's finding a new word, banana is a new one of his. Boobies is another. And then he learned to lie, and 2015 suddenly looks to be much more interesting. According to him, daddy didn't make him breakfast this morning. Pictured to the right, a boy who knows exactly how to get second breakfast. And that dear friends is where I leave you this year, when next we meet it will be 2015, I'm really rather looking forward to it. Good night and Happy New Year!

Keith

No comments :

Post a Comment